We encourage everyone, especially our members, journalists and partners to download the Cycle Nanaimo media kit. The media kit includes:
WE ARE UPDATING OUR MEDIAKIT!
Newspaper & Magazine Interviews 2016
- January 9, 2017 Nanaimo News Now - New multi-use path in Oceanside a good start. Read
- December 14, 2016 - Nanaimo News Bulletin - Terminal corridor report suggests opportunities. Read
- October 13, 2016 - Nanaimo News Bulletin - Lantzville hosts children's bike clinic. Read
- June 01, 2016 - Comox Valley Record - How bike-friendly is the Comox Valley? Read
- April 28, 2016 - Nanaimo News Bulletin - Is your community bike-friendly enough? Read
- March 8, 2016 Alberni Valley News - Cycling route to wind its way down the Island. Read
- February 11, 2016 - Nanaimo News Bulletin - Wheels turn for dedicated Vancouver Island cycle route. Read
- January 25, 2016 - Nanaimo News Bulletin - Expanded cycling routes in Nanaimo promoted during summit. Read
- January 19, 2016 - BC Local News - Bike summit aims to create a safer cycling atmosphere. Read
- September 11, 2015 - The Navigator Newspaper - Cruisin' in the Bike Lane Read
- August 18, 2015 - Nanaimo News Bulletin - Protected bike lane on Boundary Road meant to improve safety Read
- June 17, 2015 - Nanaimo Daily News - Electric bike users unhappy with sales taxes Read
- April 15, 2014 - Nanaimo News Bulletin - Spin challenge kicks off bike week. Read
- November 27 2013 - Nanaimo Daily News - Addition of new bike lane one component of big framework. Read
Radio & TV Interviews 2016
- January 13 - The Coast - Hilary Eastmure - News Anchor/ Reporter Talked about the upcoming Bike Summit and the other initiatives of the GNCC and BCCC
- January 20 - Island Radio - Bike Summit with Holly Tribble - Promotions Director Wave | Wolf | Beach | Lounge
- Jan 20, 2017 - Shaw TV - Head On with Host Paul Winn Half hour talk show on the Bike Summit and GNCC work. Play
- February 11 - CBC Radio - On the Coast with host Gloria Macarenko On Inside Passage Tourism Bike Route and the $1 Billion ask for bike infrastructure. Read
- February 15 - CBC Radio - All Points West with Host Robyn Burns - On Inside Passage Tourism Bike Route and the $1 Billion ask for bike infrastructure.
- February 15 - Vista Radio - 98.9 the Goat FM in Courtenay.- Host Justin Goulet Subject: Possible Cycling Lane on Highway 19A
- February 17 - Radio-Canada TV - Dominique Panebianco - video journalist with CBC Radio-Canada - Possible Cycling Lane on Highway 19A. Play
- February 22 - Committee of the Whole, Bike Right request - GNCC made a presentation to Mayor & Council on Bike Right and the need for an Active Transportation Policy. Play
- March 7 - CBC Radio - On the Island with host Gregor Craigie - Radio One Victoria, BC - On Inside Passage Tourism Bike Route and the $1 Billion ask for bike infrastructure.
- April 20 - Shaw TV - GO! Magazine - WOW Women on Wheels Workshops. A nice 4-minute video on promoting bicycling to women by the GNCC. Play
- May 6 - CBC Radio Victoria - Michael Tymchuk CBC Radio journalist, interview about cycling infrastructure outside the Greater Victoria area
- October 3 Island Radio - NanaimoNewsNOW.com Ian Holmes Senior Reporter Interview on the national cycling strategy brought forward by NDP MP Gord Johns.
- November 16 - Shaw TV Change The World with Host Guy Dauncey First show of the 13 episodes show with Guest Leo Boon, Chair of GNCC on the topics of bicycling in Nanaimo, bicycle infrastructure and environmental issues. Play
Bike to Work Week in the NewsPrint Media:
Shaw TV - Bike To Work Week 2016 - May 20, 2016
Shaw TV - Women on Wheels Workshops May 20, 2016
Shaw TV - The Show segment - April 8, 2015 29:00 to 32:00
Shaw TV - The Show segment - May 22, 2015 47:00 to 55:00
Go! Island 60 Shaw TV - BTWW 2015 - May 15, 2015 4:45 to 9:22
Heritage Bike Tour for BTWW - April 2014
Shaw TV - Bike To Work Week 2013 - June 2013
Shaw TV - Bike To Work Week 2011 - May 2011
The Wolf 106.9 FM Island Radio covers BTWW every year.